This is a refreshing South Indian salad to cleanse your palate.
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 1/2 green chilli deseeded if do not like heat
- 1 small carrot grated fine
- A handful of mung bean sprouts.
- A squeeze of lemon and a dash of sea salt
- A couple of sprigs of fresh coriander leaves chopped as garnish – mix together and enjoy on its own or as a side salad
- Chop the cucumber, chilli and tomato quite fine, helps to bring out the flavours when mixed.
TOP TIP: Mung Bean sprouts: Sprouting is very common in many Indian households as it improves bioavailability and helps with digestion’s of beans and seeds. You can buy sprouts from a health food shop or sprout your own, really easy (rinse, then soak 1 cup dried mung beans overnight in water, drain. If you don’t have a sprouter, keep moist in a covered bowl in a dark warm place (eg airing cupboard) usually for 24 -48 hours , until you see the sprouts appearing. These sprouts are a power house of vitamins, protein and fibre). Rinse throughly before eating due to risk of bacterial contamination, if not careful. Enjoy the rest of the mung bean sprouts as a snack with some soaked almonds and squeeze of lemon or in a soup or just on their own.