Turmeric Tofu Scramble
See Instagram highlights under recipes for the complete step by step instructions!
- 1 tsp of dried basil.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds or cumin powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- A pinch of pepper powder
- 1 large finely chopped onion.
- 1-2 finely chopped green chillies
- 2 chopped medium sized tomatoes
- A small cup of frozen green peas.
- 1 block of tofu.
- 1-2 tbsp of soya sauce
- A pinch of Kala Namak Black salt for eggy sulphurous taste (optional)
- 1 tbsp ketchup or sriracha optional
- A few fresh basil or coriander leaves for garnish
- In a hot pan, dry roast basil, turmeric, cumin until you can smell the spices.
- Avoid burning spices.
- Add the onion and chillies and sauté until pink and translucent.
- Add a tbsp or two of hot water instead of oil to cook the onion if needed.
- Add tomatoes, sauté for 3-4 min.
- Add a handful of frozen peas, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat and add the block of tofu (crumble it with your hands in a separate dish) mix thoroughly, cover and cook for 2-3 min, add the soy sauce and black salt, cook for another couple of min, mixing it thoroughly.
- Add a teaspoon of ketchup and mix and garnish.
- Enjoy on its own or as a side dish or in a wholemeal wrap or on toast.
TOP TIP: Tofu is a minimally processed product made from soya beans and is a complete protein. Great for children, athletes, men and women of all ages. Good for healthy bones and reducing hot flushes because of the healthy plant oestrogens (phytoestrogens). Read more about soya here!