All about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) - 21 March 2023
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is one of the most misunderstood – and overlooked – endocrine disorders affecting women and those assigned female at birth. For example, did you know that as high as 3 out of 4 women with PCOS will NEVER be diagnosed?
This episode is a deep dive into what PCOS is, the signs and symptoms to discuss with your physician as well as a look at evidence-based lifestyle medicine – sleep, movement and nutrition – that complement traditional care. More info on the episode here.
Breaking the Stigma: Women's Health and the Menopause - 6 March 2023
Dr Nitu Bajekal is back with a special episode for National Women’s Health Day!
- Menopause is a natural part of ageing for women, and it’s essential to recognise and manage its symptoms, including hot flashes, mood swings, and vaginal dryness.
- Hormonal changes during menopause can also lead to an increased risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, and other health conditions, making it vital to take care of overall health and well being.
- Lifestyle factors such as diet, exercise, and stress management can play a significant role in managing menopause symptoms and reducing health risks.
- Dr. Nitu emphasises the importance of self-care and self-compassion during menopause, as it can be a challenging time both physically and emotionally.
- The hosts and Dr. Nitu discuss common misconceptions and stigmas surrounding menopause and encourage open and honest conversations about women’s health.
Check out our Happy Menopause Course with Dr Nitu Bajekal: https://offers.thehappypear.ie/happy-menopause
The Brain Health Revolution Podcast -15 June 2022
In this episode, award-winning neurologists and researchers, Drs. Dean and Ayesha Sherzai interview Dr Nitu Bajekal MD.
They discuss hormonal health and its relationship to brain health, especifically how menopause and the changes in a women’s hormonal system during this stage affects brain health, and what are some of the preventive measures that need to be taken to prevent cognitive decline.
The Happy Pear Podcast -19 April 2022
In this episode, Dr Nitu was interviewed by Dave and Steve from the Happy Pear.
Period pains, PCOS, Endometriosis & Menopause symptoms – is there an answer?
The Proof with Simon Hill - PCOS - 14 March 2022
In this episode, Dr Nitu was interviewed by Simon Hill from The Proof Podcast.
In Episode #196, Dr Nitu Bajekal offers her wealth of knowledge on PCOS.
Hormonal health is an area that is often underdiagnosed, undertreated, and stigmatised. Dr Nitu Bajekal has dedicated her career to helping people manage their hormonal and reproductive health, and in Episode #196 she joins me to offer her wealth of knowledge on polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Dr Bajekal, MD approaches her practice by fusing lifestyle treatment with modern medicine.
For the full show notes and credits for this episode, please visit https://theproof.com/how-to-regain-hormonal-health-with-pcos-with-dr-nitu-bajekal/
TeachStrong Talks Podcast - September 2021
Around ¾ of teachers are women, however advice and guidance around health and well-being amongst school staff often fails to address specific issues that women may be going through.
The aim of today’s podcast is to unpick the information around some of the most common topics affecting women today and then explore lifestyle approaches that Nitu has seen first hand work to help relieve or treat them.
Sam and Julia from TeachStrong chat to Nitu about the causes and symptoms of :
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
And the advice that she offers to manage these conditions.
This is a longer episode than normal but a real masterclass in women’s health. If one of the topics is of particular interest to you, then jump straight to it by clicking below:
Painful periods – 27:54
PCOS – 49:32
Menopause – 1:12:32
The Proof with Simon Hill - Endometriosis - August 2021
In Episode #155 Simon Hill sits down with Gynaecologist and Obstetrician Nitu Bajekal, MD to talk about endometriosis and the female reproductive system.
In this episode, we cover:
- Dr Bajekal’s personal story and education
- What Endometriosis is
- How prevalent Endometriosis is
- The oral contraceptive pill. Do the benefits outweigh the risks – what does the science show?
- Diet and endometriosis
- Soya and endometriosis
- Fertility and endometriosis
- Overall lifestyle and endometriosis and much more
For the full show notes and credits for this episode, please visit: https://theproof.com/endometriosis-and-reproductive-health-with-dr-nitu-bajekal/
The Ticho's Table Podcast - 21 October 2020
In this episode, I was interviewed by Jon from The Ticho’s Table Podcast.
We spoke about lifestyle medicine, how to achieve optimum health on a plant-based diet and listeners’ questions regarding ovarian cysts, type 2 diabetes and a plant-based diet.
For the full show notes and credits for this episode, please visit https://tichostable.com/podcast/dr-nitu-bajekal
WIDLIMS: Anti-diet Lifestyle Approaches to PCOS - 27 September 2020
In this episode, I spoke with the great Linda from lindadoes.com about…
- what PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) is and how it manifests
- lifestyle approaches to managing PCOS symptoms
- AGEs, anti-inflammatory foods, benefits of a whole food plant-based dietary pattern
- the importance of sustainable, non-restrictive diets
- the role of soya in PCOS and women’s health in general
- why lifestyle medicine is so important to have in our toolkits
Find the show notes with references etc here: http://lindadoes.com/widlims13/
A Slice of Health: How a Plant-based Diet can Support Endometriosis - 1 August 2020
On this episode, we discuss information on endometriosis and how a plant based diet can support a healthy lifestyle and have significant impact on health outcomes.
Nutritank: nourish your mind - 31 May 2020
In this episode I was a guest of Ally from Nutritank, alongside Dr Tosin Sotubo and Dr Shireen Kassam.
We discussed how COVID-19 has highlighted many of the deep rooted inequalities in our society and health system, the effect of discrimination on mental wellbeing, representation in the NHS from chief executives to frontline staff and much more!
She Loves: The Truth About Women’s Health - 31 March 2020
In this episode I talk to Judy Nadel about COVID-19, how incredible the NHS is, empowering women with information around their health and so much more.
Please note: this episode was recorded remotely due to the UK lockdown.
Veggie Doctor Radio - 8 March 2020
Veggie Doctor Radio is focused on plant-based nutrition, habit formation, behavior change and motivation. Dr. Yami and me have a delightful conversation about diet, periods, PCOS and healthcare bias.
Main Street Vegan Podcast - 22 January 2020
Vegan Lifestyle Podcast with Veronica Moran. We discussed how to bring women’s health into the new decade with plant-based nutrition and woman-to-woman wisdom.
My House of Fun Interview - 15 November 2019
Karin Ridgers presents two hours of music and great guests – with a vegan slant!